The mother of Tresco seasonal worker Josh Clayton has insisted that his death "definitely wasn't an accident".
JOSH CLAYTON'S DEATH 'NOT AN ACCIDENT', SAYS MUM
The 23-year-old's body was found on rocks off Tean on September 23, 2015, ten days after he went missing following a party on Tresco.
An inquest into his death was halted last week after new evidence emerged in the case.
Josh's mother Tracey has now told BBC Points West that she wants a fresh police investigation.
She revealed that she has had a private meeting with a senior police officer from Devon and Cornwall Police, who assured her that he would be reviewing the case and "hopefully will look for any gaps that happen throughout the investigation".
She added that she has always been convinced Josh's death was not an accident, saying: "I've thought that from day one and I still believe it now."
Also speaking on ITV News, Tracey claimed that the police during the original probe had "tunnel vision" and had not conducted a proper investigation.
She described Josh's death as causing a "huge hole" in her family, saying that they "need answers to what happened to him".
The coroner at the inquest in Plymouth told Devon and Cornwall Police to investigate after partygoer Leroy Thomas claimed that Josh had rowed with foreign workers during the staff event he had attended prior to going missing.
You can view Mrs Clayton's interview with ITV here.