HELIPORT CONSULTATION PERIOD EXTENDED
The consultation period for the new heliport planning application has been extended to November 18.
The move is due to Cornwall Council not publicising the application in the local press until last week.
Over 2,300 comments have been received in support of the plans, with just 14 objections.
Tom Matthews, Head of Marketing for Tresco Estate, said: “We have been staggered by the response so far. It is so heartening to see islanders and visitors to Scilly showing their support for the reintroduction of this vital service.
“Besides the sheer volume of comments, the variety has also been exceptional. Everybody has a personal reason why this service will matter to them, and that has really come out in the comments sent to the Council so far."
He said of the extension: “For islanders just returning from a half term break, the extension to the consultation period is good news as it will give them opportunity to have their say on this vital project for the future of the islands.”